The TV has been bought. A modicum of research completed and a 47 inch LG LCD TV has been bought and delivered to home. I'll be at the apartment in a few weeks to take it back from the tenants and start the decoration, and the TV will come in handy to chill in front of. I did hear that the TV point isn't working, so need to get that looked at and fixed before Easter. That reminds me, I need to chase one of the other apartment owners for something...
A couple of days ago the site went live on its new domain, once I got the DNS settings right, and then I released to search engines. Or, at least I thought I had done. But doh! I still had an setting to change to make the site searchable by the likes of Google. The key right now, in terms of a web presence, is just that, to have a presence. The site is of the style that will be the 'final' site (if there can ever be such a thing), but there is still work to do, I especially need to add some better pictures of the interior and get some decoration done.
I have an electrician on the case for new heating and will be getting quotes for new bathroom & wall to wall tiling shortly. More when that happens...
In what seems to have taken weeks, the DNS settings of the website have finally made it live and the site is now available at www.CairngormApartment.co.uk The change from the working title of Grampian Court didn't just mean pointing the DNS settings to the same IP address as the old site, there was a different IP address. And most bizarrely, the changes didn't take affect. After a couple of days of not working it seems that I must have used the wrong IP address. But at last, the site is now live on www.cairngormapartment.co.uk
The apartment has a couple of leather sofas in place already, and whilst they are perfectly ok and functional, I'm trying to give the apartment a brand new feel, so I've been looking around for replacements. Current thinking is that I'll have a two seater leather sofa, and either a two or three seater sofa bed, thus giving that little bit more flexibility of room configuration.
Here's one that I've been looking at. This is a two seater leather sofa bed.
So there have been a few developments on the project. The project is to get my flat ready for holiday lettings by Easter 2014. The original plan was that the existing tenants would be in the flat until early April, but they have found somewhere else already, so move out mid March. That will give more time to get things sorted.
The Facebook page has been live for a little whole now, tho limited in functionality until the refurb is finished. Twitter presence has also been in place for a while, but same issues.
I spent a small fortune on bedding, towels etc recently. Dunelm had a sale on, so probably saved a few quid in the process too.
The bit news of today is that I've been playing with the booking engine and have it working to a reasonable level, with first booking added.
More to come...